The Center for Global Education knows you have amazing stories to share and a lot to say about your time abroad. A picture is worth a thousand words, right? Think back on all the amazing moments you captured, the stories your pictures can tell, and what you want the world to see from your study abroad experience. Submit to the Study Abroad Photo Contest! The top 3 winners in each category receive cash prizes and will also have their photos utilized in CGE marketing.
- Contest opens in early February
- Submission deadline in early March
- Winners announced in early April
- Cities, Landscapes, and Skylines – Photos of fascinating places, new things you discovered, and scenic views of city, sky, and nature! Show us the places you explored, from cathedrals to beaches to scenic overlooks, and the sunsets you never want to forget.
- People and Stories – Photos of the people you encountered and befriended abroad. Whether it’s a portrait of your host mom and her pet, a colorful photo of a village festival, or a shot of you and your classmates doing a group project in the city streets, tell us the human story of your host country in images. Both photos that you took of others and photos that you are in are accepted.
- Animals Abroad – Photos of furry friends and wild encounters. People may be in the photo as well as long as an animal is pictured.
- Most Epic Selfie – What is study abroad without the most important aspect – you! Show us what the TU student abroad looks like – whether your pose is stoic, silly, or creative. Show us the incredible places in which you documented yourself – on top of a mountain, next to a world-famous monument, or doing something amazing you never thought you would try! Individual and group photos welcome.
- Welcome to the USA! – International students studying at TU are encouraged to submit! What have you discovered? What have been your adventures? Use your imagination and share what you have seen or experienced here in the US! This category is for international students studying at the University of Tulsa only.
- Entries must be received no later than midnight on deadline day. Late entries will not be accepted.
- All entries must be original photographs taken by the entrant or featuring the entrant while participating in a study abroad program or exchange or enrolled at TU (for international students).
- Photos must be amateur work (no professional photos will be accepted).
- Photos may be color or black and white.
- A maximum of 6 photos may be submitted per entrant.
- A student may only win 1 prize per category per year.
- The University of Tulsa retains the right not to consider or display photos that do not meet the submission rules and guidelines or that are deemed inappropriate.
**Note: Students currently employed by the Center for Global Education are not eligible to enter the contest.**