International students are encouraged to take advantage of services designed to help you achieve your educational goals. Whether you are deciding on a major, need assistance with your immigration papers or have questions about where to find your first class, the Office of International Student & Scholar Services is here to help. Please feel free to contact our office with any questions.
The Office of International Student & Scholar Services provides a variety of services including:
- Corresponding with sponsors and prospective students
- Providing information about the university and surrounding community
- Meeting with new students to ease adjustment and offering individual assistance as necessary
- Aiding in cultural and academic adjustment
- Providing emergency assistance
- Providing information on local health services
- Counseling students as necessary
The Language Enrichment Center
The Language Enrichment Center (LEC) offers English language support and workshops on various academic topics. Students who visit the Language Enrichment Center have the opportunity to build connections with fellow students in an inviting and culturally diverse atmosphere.
Academic students and upper level English Institute students can visit the LEC to work on papers and presentations, receive feedback on projects, and practice their English language skills in a warm and welcoming environment.
The LEC is located in Zink Hall 231 and is open from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
The Cane Connections program, sponsored by International Student & Scholars Services, matches U.S. TU students with international TU students based on hobbies and interests. In addition to making a new friend, U.S. students have the opportunity to learn more about a new culture and perhaps learn or brush up on a foreign language. International students get to learn more about U.S. culture, practice their English, or just share a hobby with a new friend.
International Student Services Staff
- Kimberly Henderson, Senior Director, International Student Services, Director, The English Institute
- Carla Guthrie, Senior SEVIS Compliance Coordinator
- Manasa Rajendra, Administrative Specialist
- Katlyn Spear, Graduate Assistant