Step 1: Contact the Study Abroad Office at your home university. They will be able to confirm if you are eligible to apply to be an incoming student at The University of Tulsa. You must be nominated by your home university. Partner Universities e-mail TU with students name and e-mail addresses. Please ask your study abroad office to nominate you at least 2 weeks before the application deadline, so that you have enough time to complete your online application.
May 1 – Fall semester or Academic year
October 1 – Spring semester
Step 2: You will receive an e-mail from TU with instructions on how to create an online application.
Step 3: Complete the online application and submit the supporting documents by the deadline. Here is what you will be asked to submit as part of the online application:
- Letter of Motivation/Statement of Interest
- Home University Transcript/Official Grade Report: Upload a scanned copy of your official transcript in English to your online application.
- Copy of Passport: Upload a legible scanned copy of your passport to your online application.
- Confirmation of Financial Resources (CFR): You must show financial support in the amount of Tulsa’s Estimated Living Expenses for each semester spent at TU, for US immigration/visa purposes. The CFR must contain original signature(s) and your bank’s official seal/stamp. A link to the form will be available via your online application.
- English Language Test Score (Original TOEFL, Cambridge or IELTS) :Original scores should be sent directly from the testing center to TU. To facilitate the process, a scanned version of the results or website screen shot will also be accepted.
When your application is complete we will review it and submit it for approval by the TU colleges (Arts & Sciences/Business/Engineering & Natural Sciences/Health Sciences) in which you plan to take courses. Once your application is approved, you will hear from the CGE regarding your acceptance status. The CGE will send you an official letter of acceptance along with immigration documents and a packet of materials and instructions regarding the next steps to becoming a TU student.
If you have questions or need help with the application process, please contact Laura Semenow at 918-631-3226.
Remember: Application deadline: May1st for Fall semester or Academic year and October 1st for Spring semester