Faculty-led programs are offered by TU professors where learning is facilitated through faculty’s expertise and connections in a global context. Faculty utilize the international location to augment student’s learning and guide the academic component in the context of local culture and site-enhanced activities. Faculty-led programs are designed for the student who desires to study abroad within a TU environment of professors and peers.
This Spring 2023 the CGE is offering multiple Faculty-Led program options and multiple scholarship opportunities to help offset the cost of the studying abroad!
Spring Break 2023 program options:
- Film Genres: French New Wave FLM 2863 (Block II)/ FLM 4163 in France
- Introduction to Virology (BIO 4183/BIO 6343) in Ghana
- Sustainable Engineering (ES 4233) in France
Spring Extension 2023 program options:
- Art History Dutch Art Abroad (ARTH 4803) in The Netherlands
- Comparative Education Policy: The United States and Italy (EDUC 2863) in Italy
- History/Anthropology – The Roots of Hamilton (HIST/ANTH 3803) in St. Croix
- International Health Care Delivery (ATRG 4063) in Greece
- TU Energy Management 4973/6973: State of Global Oil & Gas industry in Scotland
Scholarships & Grants for Faculty-led Travel Courses:
- CGE Faculty-led study abroad foreign correspondent grant Apply by 11/15/2022
- CGE GEM (Global Engagement Mentor) Grant Apply by 11/15/2022.
- Critical Need Grant: Apply by 11/15/2022. Must be considered Critical Need by Student Financial Services.
- Energy Management Faculty-led Study Abroad Course Grant. Must be Energy Management Student
Have questions about the programs or how faculty-led study abroad looks? Each program is hosting one or more info-sessions for students to come and learn more about the class/program. All info-sessions will take place in the CGE on the 3rd floor of Hardesty Holmes Center.
Info session calendar:
Monday October 3rd, 12:15pm – Sustainable Engineering in France
Monday October 3rd, 4:00pm – International Health Care Delivery in Greece
Tuesday October 4th, 12:15pm – Film Genres: French New Wave in France
Wednesday October 5th, 12:15pm – Comparative Education Policy: The United States and Italy in Italy
Wednesday October 5th, 4pm – Comparative Education Policy: The United States and Italy in Italy
Thursday October 6th, 12:15pm – International Health Care Delivery in Greece
Friday October 7th, 12:15pm – History/Anthropology – The Roots of Hamilton in St. Croix
Tuesday October 11th, 12:15pm – Art History Dutch Art Abroad in The Netherlands
Monday October 24th, 12:15pm – Introduction to Virology in Ghana
Wednesday October 26th, 12:15pm – Introduction to Virology in Ghana
Have more questions? Reach out to either the course faculty of each program or the CGE at firstname.lastname@example.org.