The Center for Global Engagement knows you have amazing stories to share and a lot to say about your time abroad. A picture is worth a thousand words, right? Think back on all the amazing moments you captured, the stories your pictures can tell, and what you want the world to see from your study abroad experience. Submit to the Study Abroad Photo Contest! The top two winners in each category receive cash prizes and will also have their photos utilized in CGE marketing.
- Contest opens in early March
- Submission deadline is March 31st
- Winners announced in April
Categories and Eligibility
- Cities, Landscapes, and Skylines – Photos of fascinating places, new things you discovered, and scenic views of city, sky, and nature! Show us the places you explored, from cathedrals to beaches to scenic overlooks, and the sunsets you never want to forget. These photos can include people.
- Food Abroad – Photos of all the delicious food you got to eat while you were abroad. Whether it’s a home-cooked meal from your host family or the craziest street food you’ve ever tried, we want to see the incredible treats you enjoyed. People may also be in the photo as long as food is pictured as well.
- My Global Classroom – Studying abroad means learning not only within the walls of the classroom, but from the city you get to immerse yourself in. This category can include anything that fascinated you, changed your perspective, or just inspired you. Whether it’s a portrait of your host mom and her pet, a colorful photo of a village festival, or a shot of you and your classmates doing a group project in the city streets, tell us a human story of your host country in images. Both photos that you took of others and photos that you are in are accepted.
- Welcome to the USA – Photos taken by international/exchange students studying at TU. What have you discovered? What have been your adventures? Use your imagination and share what you have seen or experienced here in the U.S.! This category is for international/exchange students studying at the University of Tulsa only.
- Deadline to submit photos is March 31st, 2020. Late entries will not be accepted.
- All entries must be original photographs taken by entrant or featuring the entrant while participating in an approved CGE study abroad program or exchange, including JumpstartTU and Faculty Led trips; or enrolled at TU (for international/exchange students).
- Photos must be amateur work (no professional photos will be accepted).
- Photos may be color or black and white.
- A maximum of 6 photos may be submitted per entrant total.
- A student may only win 1 prize per category per year.
- Photos that were submitted in previous years but did NOT win any prizes may be submitted again. Any photos that have won in previous years are NOT allowed to be submitted again.
- The University of Tulsa retains the right not to consider or display photos that do not meet the submission rules and guidelines or that are deemed inappropriate.
- Current CGE student employees are not allowed to enter the photo contest
- By submitting photos to the contest, you are giving authorization to TU/CGE to use your photos for marketing and promotion purposes. Images will be displayed on websites, Social Media and printed materials.
**Note: Students currently employed by the Center for Global Engagement are not eligible to enter the contest.**