Have you studied abroad? Are you looking for an exciting on-campus job for the academic year?
The Center for Global Education is looking for 4 new part time Peer Advisors to join the study abroad team for the academic year 2016-2017! Peer advisors will assist with the planning and implementation of a number of CGE activities during the academic year to promote study abroad and campus internationalization, in addition to advising other TU students interested in earning TU credits abroad.
Position Dates: 8/22/2016 – 4/24/2017
Compensation: US $8.50 per hour
Work-Hours: 12-15 hours per week during regularly scheduled office hours, Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; some evenings or weekends may be required.
General requirements for the positions:
- Have studied abroad on an approved TU study abroad program
- Be able to advise students in an accurate and professional manner upholding policies/procedures of TU and the CGE
- Have a positive, enthusiastic attitude, be reliable, responsible
- Willingness to do some public speaking/presentations skills
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative
- Be able to commit to scheduled office hours (12 – 15) hours per week, attend training sessions and bi-weekly group meetings as well as work occasional evenings/weekend hours.
Specific positions available:
PA/Logistics Coordinator: Assist with the planning and execution of CGE events throughout the school year (including making logistic arrangement, preparing materials & packets, contacting presenters, scheduling spaces, ordering food, recruiting volunteers, etc.) such as:
- Assist with office logistics
- Assist in the organization of events such as:
- International Programs Fair
- CGE Contests
- Pre-departure meeting, welcome back events, graduation sash ceremony
- Workshops, Symposiums, other programming
- Create posters and flyers for diverse CGE events and activities
Preferred skills for this position: Great organization skills and attention to detail; experience organizing events, especially at the TU campus; ability to multi-task and work in different projects simultaneously, access to a car to purchase event supplies.
PA/Marketing Coordinator: Assist with the preparation of publications, marketing pieces, social media posts and CGE website, such as:
- Write articles to the CGE semi-annual newsletter, Globe Trekking;
- Write articles for other publications
- Create posters & flyers for diverse CGE events & activities;
- Assist with managing the CGE Facebook page and other social media sites;
- Assist with updating the CGE website;
- Assist with editing videos (if possible)
Preferred skills for this position: Great organization skills and attention to detail; experience working with websites and writing web content, being tech savvy, creativity, familiarity with social media.
PA/Outreach Coordinator: Assist with the planning and execution of outreach activities throughout the school year, such as:
- Coordinating classroom visits & conduct presentations;
- Contacting TU clubs and organizations and being the CGE liaison;
- Visiting student clubs and organizations and giving presentations;
- Planning and presenting session at Residential Halls and apartment complexes;
- Tabling around campus to promote study abroad;
Preferred skills for this position: Experience working with community volunteer organizations, involvement in campus clubs and activities, familiarity with SA, housing and other campus offices.
PA/Exchange Student Programming: Assist with planning and execution of programming for the incoming exchange students as well as peer advising tasks.
- To develop programming for incoming students on TU’s exchange programs
- Coordinate cultural programming and outings each semester
- Provide support for exchange students should the need arise
Preferred Skills: Great organization skills and attention to detail; experience organizing events, especially at the TU campus; ability to multi-task and work in different projects simultaneously, access to a car to purchase event supplies.
Questions? Contact the CGE office located on the 3rd floor of Hardesty Hall at 918-631-3295, or
e-mail email@example.com, Peer Advisor program manager and PA supervisor.